NCJWANational Board Vacancies
Expressions of Interest sought
National Board Director positions:
National Council of Jewish Women of Australia (NCJWA)
Role: Treasurer and General Board Member
Type: Not-for-Profit & Community Organisations
Current Board Size: 7-11
Board Meetings (frequency): 8 per annum + AGM
Board Meetings Held: Evenings
Areas of Expertise Being Sought: Finance / Investment; Advocacy / Government Relations: Marketing / Communications.
Board Meetings (Mode): Face-to-face and Online (Zoom)
Targeting: Jewish women with a passion for advancing the leadership of women and girls and promoting gender equality, Jewish identity and values.
Payment: Nil – honorary role
Any further information about this vacancy:
NCJWA is seeking committed and passionate women to join its National Board of Directors.
To support the organisation as it continues its renewal program, the Board seeks women with skills and experience in community organisations, finance, advocacy, governance, not-for-profit funding, marketing and communications.
A board director drives the strategic direction of our organisation. Working with other directors to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation’s strategic objectives.
We are a small voluntary organisation with two part-time employees and our directors are involved in both governance and operational matters – a ‘hands on’ role.
A board director needs to be committed to the organisation she serves. They need to show personal leadership and self-management skills as well as a capacity to work collaboratively, in a team.
NCJWA is an Australia-wide Jewish women’s organisation with 6 active Sections: Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, NSW, Victoria and WA.
“To advance the position of women and girls in Australia and the Jewish world”
We do this through;
- the promotion of gender equality, women’s rights and advancing the leadership of women and girls through social, economic, intellectual and, academic empowerment of women and girls;
- utilising and promoting research and advocacy for the benefit and safety of women and girls;
- encouraging and promoting Jewish identity and values;
- promoting human rights, reconciliation, mutual respect and tolerance between groups of individuals in Australia and the Jewish world
What we do:
The national body:
- Acts as the representative voice of the organisation to key national and international organisations and the wider community.
- Provides resource support and coordination for Sections across Australia, especially for advocacy on key social issues.
- Assist in sharing best practice knowledge across the Sections, in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
- Ensure strong links to agreed specific Israeli projects.
- Coordinates Scholar in Residence program in all sections.
- Organises and runs a National Conference, every 4 years for its members and the wider community followed by a day focused on strategic and action planning for NCJWA’s Leadership.
NCJWA Strategic Goals 2017-2021:
- Advocacy: Advocate on strategic issues affecting Jewish and non-Jewish women and girls, across Australia.
- Section Relationships: Build strong and effective relationships and communication with Sections.
- Profile: Develop a profile and image that reflect our future direction, especially for its relevance to the younger generation.
- Finances and Infrastructure: Ensure financial sustainability and build an effective organisational infrastructure.
- Staffing and Leadership: Ensure adequate staffing and promote volunteer leadership and development.
- Partnerships: Strengthen partnerships with key organisations.