NCJWANational Board and Directors
Negba Weiss-Dolev FAICD, involvement with National Council of Jewish Women (NCJWA) commenced with long term membership of the Tarbut Group, NCJW-Vic and on the special Women Assisting Refugees and Migrants (WARM) project. More recently she was elected to the NCJWA National Board and is pleased to be part of its change agenda.
In championing women’s rights, Negba has created and progressed a number of major initiatives in the sphere of Women’s Leadership. These initiatives helped many organisations to change their approach to encouraging and supporting women’s career aspirations and to achieve senior leadership roles in organisations including NAB, ANZ, AXA, TAC, Telstra, Medibank Private, Vic Government departments, local councils and more.
As President of the Jewish Museum of Australia, Negba led and oversaw the selection of the new CEO and the strategic rethinking / rebranding of this award-winning community museum and adult education leader.
A keen supporter of education; Negba has served as a member of Swinburne University of Technology’s Council and various Council sub-committees.
Negba has a proven track record as a Senior Executive and Board Director. She has worked in leading-edge senior executive roles for Telstra, Adacel Technologies and co-founded and led the innovative Leadership and Change Management company; Resurgence P/L.
Shirley Glance OAM
Vice-President, Company Secretary
- National Council of Jewish Women of Australia
- Board Member, since 2015.
- Honorary Secretary, 2011-2015.
- President, National Council of Jewish Women of Victoria, 2014-2016.
- National Chair, ILAN (Israel Foundation for Handicapped Children).
- Office Manager, Jewish National Fund.
- Committee Polio Network Victoria, ongoing
- Co-convenor, Bayside Polio Group, 2008, ongoing
- Secretary, Post Polio Victoria Inc. 2018, ongoing
Di Hirsh OAM
- President NCJWA Victoria 2002 – 2006
- Vice President NCJWA 2007 – 2011
- Chair NCJWA Interfaith & Intercultural portfolio 2007 – 2011
- President NCJWA 2011 – 2015
- Chair NCJWA Strategic Review Committee 2017
- Chair ICJW Interfaith & Intercultural portfolio 2014 – 2018
- Co-Convenor ICJW Convention Sydney 2018
- Vice President ICJW 2018 – Current
- Organised NCJWA Victoria Women’s Interfaith Passover Celebrations for past 11 years
- Involved in the Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia for over 12 years, convening first 2 Women’s Conferences 2007 -2008
Rysia Rozen OAM
- Joined NCJWA Victoria 1986, employed as secretary to Malvina Malinek OAM, National President.
- Joined Victorian Executive, elected as President of NCJWA Victoria 1996 to 2002. Initiated ‘Fundraising Chair ‘ on National board.
- Served as manager of the Albert Park Opportunity Shop for 5 years. Formed a young professional group: ‘Women in decision Making’, advocating women’s issues.
- Established an Outreach program for elderly migrants from the former Soviet Union, residents of public housing in St.Kilda, Prahran and South Melbourne, still involved after 16 years.
- Obtained Tax Deductibility for NCJWA Victoria Community Services in 2003. Life Member NCJWA Victoria.
- Raised funds to purchase Opportunity Shop in Caulfield 1995.
- President of National Council of Victoria 2004 – 2007. Initiated the Dame Phillis Frost Award.
- President of NCJWA 2007 – 2011; AGAIN 2015 – 2017
- Founder and Director – Caulfield Park Community Bank, Bendigo Bank in 2003.
- Temple Beth Israel – Chair – Honours committee since 2011
- Hon,. Secretary – Council of Christians and Jews from 2017
Carolyn Goldsmith OAM
- Member of NCJWA NSW since 2013.
- Appointed Board member in 2014 and Chair of Israel Projects. Elected acting co president in 2018 then co President of NCJWA NSW in 2019. Member of subcommittee Celebrating Israel.
- Trustee Governor Jewish Communal Appeal (JCA) 2018-2019.
- Public speaker at Probus, University of the Third Age, Rotary and Lions Clubs in the Sydney area. Topics include the work of NCJWA NSW and the Kindertransport scheme and its advocacy work for refugee children.
- Janet is the Chair of the Australian chapter of the Kindertransport Association and Executive Board member of the Association based in New York.
- Honorary Secretary of the Australian Association of Jewish Holocaust Survivors and Descendants 2012-2017.
- Secondary learning Support Teacher at Willoughby Girls High School, the work involves assisting students with sensory, physical and cognitive disabilities in mainstream classers, and training their teachers in making suitable adjustments.
- Author of specialty fiction and nonfiction texts published by Macmillan of Australian and Cambridge University Press.
- President NCJWA Western Australia 20014 – 2017
- Steering Committee NCJWA WA 20011 – 2014
- Honorary Secretary NCJWA WA 2008-2011
- Chair NCJWA Interfaith & Intercultural portfolio 2012 – 2018
- Miriam Stein Interfaith Award 2015
- Foundation Member Brazilian Association WA 2009 – 2013
- Honorary Secretary Unites Nations Association WA 2011-2012
- Executive member UN Association WA 2010 – 2013
- Established UNAA WA Peace Day yearly celebrations
- Organised NCJWA /UNAAWA /Holocaust Institute Holocaust Remembrance for past 10 years
- Honorary Vice Consul for Brazil in Western Australia since 2014
Past Vice Presidents (Past Acting Co-Presidents)
Sylvia Deutsch OAM and Victoria Nadel OAM