NCJWA Western Australia Section
Message from the Co-Presidents
In 2015 NCJWA WA celebrated its 86th Anniversary and we are very proud of our achievements. We promote Social Justice, Education, Empowerment of Women and Interfaith projects.
We support the Jewish and wider communities, and maintain our important connection with Israel.
Through our Communities Services we were involved from the start in the establishment of the first Jewish Age Care in the State and worked always to help families in need. Every year we support programmes to help sick children through Rotary, Princess Margaret Hospital and other activities. Our presence in Israel is far and wide including environmental projects through our partnerships with, amongst others, the Jewish National Fund ( JNF), the Haifa Rape Crisis Centre– Youth at Risk, which is solely funded by NCJWA Australia , the Ilan Foundation for Handicapped Children in Israel and the Haifa University scholarships to assist women of Ethiopian descent with academic counselling, private tutoring, special courses, transportation costs, accommodation, books, as well as equipment and ancillary expenses incurred outside their tuition fees.
We seek your support and participation to help us continue our good work in our community, for Israel and in the wider community. We value very much our participation and connection to other communities which brings about a better understanding and harmony between our community and others. Every two years we have our NCJWA WA Women Achievers evening where we recognize the value of WA Women in the shaping of the State.
We are keen to encourage younger Jewish women to join us. NCJWA offers a unique way to influence and participate in Israel and in the wider community, refocusing on all important values for our future.
We welcome new ideas. Please contact our office or email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be more active and if you have an interest in working for the rights of women and children, interfaith and volunteering.
How can you help? Give a gift membership, become a member and support our functions and projects.
With Council Greetings,
Jennifer Faigenbaum and Shelley London
- Co-Presidents- Jennifer Faigenbaum and Shelley London
- Immediate Past President- Ester Steingiesser
- Acting Treasurer- Jillian Green
- Board Members- Valerie Frank, Lesley Goldman, Sarah Olden, Ester Steingiesser and Louise Wingens
For details of all meetings and events, please contact us or see our column in the Maccabean.
State Committee Meeting
Held on the second Monday of the month at 7pm.
- Natanya Group - third Monday of the month at 7:30pm
- Shalom Group - first Wednesday of the month at 12pm
- 15 October - Natanya group is holding a murder/mystery afternoon the home of Jenny Faigenbaum
- 29 October - Meet and Greet at the home of Shelley London. An afternoon tea for all members and those interested in being members to meet the new committee
- 21 November - Be Health Aware: – ‘The Heart of the Matter’ – talk presented by Dr Mark Nidorf
- 30 November - Event to mark the day for ‘Remembering Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries’
Plenary Conference 2017
Attended by Jennifer Faigenbaum and Jillian Green.
Be Health Aware Series
Talk on ‘Mindful Eating’ presented by Juniper Outreach Dietician.
National Conference 2015
National Council of Jewish Women of Australia (NCJWA) held their 30th conference in Sydney, from 31 May to 3 June. The delegates from WA included Jill Green, Noreen Sher, Shelley London & Ester Steingiesser. We all played an active part in the Conference.
Click here to read the full article.
Address: 61 Woodrow Avenue, Yokine 6060
Phone: (08) 9276 8040
Fax: (08) 9276 8040