The NCJWA advocates on issues affecting both Jewish and non-Jewish women, the main pillars of advocacy being:
- Gender equality/status of women
- Violence against women and children, including trafficking
- Reproductive rights
- Indigenous women – Uluru Statement from the Heart
- Jewish women
NCJWA acts in the spirit of the Jewish principle Tikkun Olam (‘healing the world’) to make the world a better place for all. We join with other organisations to educate, lobby and advocate. These include alliances and coalitions such as:
- Stop the Traffik
- Equality Rights Alliance (ERA)
- Reform UNRWA
- The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH)
- National Council of Women of Australia
- economicsecurity4women (es4w)
- Unchain My Heart
- Australian Human Rights Law Centre
We keep our members informed about national developments relating to the status of women and encourage them to hold forums on contemporary issues affecting women. Educating ourselves and our communities about issues such as violence against women enables us to better deal with these in our own environments. In becoming more aware we can contribute to raising the level of debate on these matters.
Most recent activity:
about whatever the new activity that happened here.
with links to whatever it is.
The path to peace and reconciliation between Israel and the Palestinians begins in the classroom.
Uluru - Statement From the Heart
The voice to parliament would be a representative body giving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders a say in law and policy affecting them.
The Partnership for Maternal , Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH)
Throughout the Covid-19 response & recovery, we urge governments to protect & promote the health & rights of women, children & adolescents.
Charter of Rights
Creating an Australian Charter of Human Rights & Freedoms will benefit the whole community.
Women and the Budget
NCJWA is part of an alliance of 16 organisations with ERA, to call for a new approach to budgeting which will bring women’s needs into sharper focus.
- Calls for structural change to budget are building as women are left behind – Joint Media Release (October 2020)
- Extradition of Malka Leifer (September 2020)
- Gang Rapes and Sexual Violence in Israel (August 2020)
- Ruling that Malka Leifer should be reassessed by new psychiatric panel (October 2019)
- Christchurch Terror Attacks (March 2019)
- Queensland Abortion Laws (October 2018)
- NSW Laws to Target Incitement of Violence (June 2018)
- Irish Abortion Referendum (May 2018)
- Release of Malka Leifer from Detention (March 2018)
- Same Sex Marriage (September 2017)
- Robinson’s Arch Decision (June 2017)