Expressions of Interest sought
National Board Director positions:
National Council of Jewish Women of Australia (NCJWA)
Call for: A Treasurer and General Board Members
Type: Not-for-Profit & Community Organisations
Current Board Size: 7-11
Board Meetings (frequency): 6 per annum + AGM
Board Meetings Held: Evenings / Sunday
Board Meetings (Mode): Face-to-face and Online (Zoom)
You are a good fit if you are: A Jewish women with a passion for building a just world with an interest in Jewish continuity, women’s wellbeing and women’s rights
Payment: Nil – honorary role
We are looking for several new board members including a treasurer
Areas of Expertise Being Sought: Financial management, Fundraising and Economic Vision
Other board Members
Areas of Expertise Being Sought: Feminist Advocacy / Feminism / Women & Judaism / Fundraising / Marketing / Communications.
Information about this vacancy:
NCJWA is seeking committed and passionate women to join its National Board of Directors.
To support the organisation as it continues its renewal program, the Board seeks women with skills and experience in community organisations, finance, advocacy, governance, not-for-profit funding, marketing and communications.
A board director drives the strategic direction of our organisation. Working with other directors to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement NCJWA’s strategic objectives. Board members are involved in hands on activity (management) of the organisation.
We are a small voluntary organisation with two part-time employees and our directors are involved in both governance and operational matters – a ‘hands on’ role.
A board director needs to be committed to the organisation she serves. She needs to show personal leadership and self-management skills as well as a capacity to work collaboratively, in a team.
NCJWA is an Australia-wide Jewish women’s organisation with 6 active Sections: Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, NSW, Victoria and WA.
“Jewish Women for a Just World”
We do this through;
- the promotion of gender equality
- research and advocacy for the benefit and safety of women and girls;
- engaging with the intersection of feminism and Judaism
- promoting human rights, reconciliation, mutual respect and tolerance between groups of individuals in Australia and the Jewish world
- Working collaboratively with other organisations in the field
What we do:
The national body:
Acts as the representative voice of the organisation to key national and international organisations and the wider community.
- Provides resource support and coordination for Sections across Australia, especially for advocacy on key social issues.
- Developing advocacy policies on issues concerning women
- Providing leadership and educational opportunities with respect to women and Judaism including a feminist perspective on Israel
- Coordinates Scholar in Residence program in all sections.
- Organises and runs a National Conference, every 4 years for its members and the wider community followed by a day focused on strategic and action planning for NCJWA’s Leadership.