digital communications manager
The National Council of Jewish Women Australia, National Board, requires a Digital Communications Manager to join in a part time capacity for 8 – 12 hours a week.
ARE YOU THIS PERSON?
We are looking for someone to grow, manage and develop NCJWA’s online presence. The Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for the development of NCJWA’s digital media, content, assets, online communications and strategy. Additionally, the Digital Communications Manager will action the implementation of digital communication strategies and focus on growing our reach and impact online.
The Digital Communications Manager will oversee and direct brand development and recognition by building and upholding a unified online voice across all digital platforms and deliverables.
The Digital Communications Manager will report to the XXX and work with Committees to create all necessary digital deliverables for projects.
Strategy development and implementation
● Create, develop and execute a digital strategy for NCJWA (National) across key media channels (specifically Instagram and Facebook).
● Work with all the committees of NCJWA National Board to ensure their strategic goals and objectives are utilizing and advancing NCJWA’s digital and social media presence. This includes ensuring that projects and events are curating and achieving the necessary deliverables for the Digital Communications Manager to utilise as content and support our voice online.
● Create strategies and budget to support organic content with boosting.
● Engage in re-branding projects with Board members to confirm brand identity for NCJWA. Once branding has been confirmed the Digital Communications Manager will be responsible for rolling out changes on all platforms to meet updated branding guidelines.
● Undertake research on relevant topics and days of significance to create education content for NCJWA social media channels.
● Create organic content and manage distribution on social media channels (specifically Instagram and Facebook).
● Management of NCJWA Facebook presence including (but not limited to); post engagement, comments, messages, events etc.
● Management of NCJWA Instagram presence including (but not limited to); post engagement, comments, messages, events etc.
● Seek guidance from external experts, consultants and freelancers where needed.
● Ensure all content is in line with NCJWA voice and values
● Constantly be adapting and trailing new things to keep the channels fresh and relevant.
● Share relevant content from other stakeholders and community organisations.
Social Media Management
● Schedule social content for NCJWA channels, including the active Facebook group.
● Manage the content calendar and post social content according to schedule/budget with timing and audience relevant to the post types.
● Monitor post-engagement on social media accounts, produce insight reports to guide future content ie campaigns created by committees.
● Build credibility and promote NCJWA messaging and education through key social media channels.
● Liaising with NCJWA National Board members and committees to facilitate their use of social media channels (creation of events, sharing posts, passing on event information).
● Increase awareness of NCJWA and the work we do, including organisational aims, objectives, members and success stories.
● Ensure NCJWA social media accounts are engaging in other stakeholders and community organisations feeds.
· Design and develop internal and external newsletters.
· Design and distribute event specific advertising materials, including graphics.
o Design registration form graphics for Executive Assistant to use in registration forms.
· Manage advertising campaigns and online events, including zoom and Facebook live.
· Oversee digital components of in person events, including slide design, educational content design and resource design and production.
· Present monthly reports to XXX including compiled data and insights using available analytic tools, social media insights, learnings. Monthly reports will be presented in meetings and via email.
· Adhere to budgets set by committees and set for the Digital Communications Manager projects, all of which must be approved by the necessary NCJWA parties following the NCJWA protocol and procedures.
· Submit written reports to be distributed to Committees, Board members and event managers to help guide their future work and collaboration with digital content and platforms.
General Administrative roles
· Manage website development and updates.
· Management of NCJWA social media account log in information and access.
· Management of NCJWA design software accounts, log in information and access.
· Work with the Executive Assistant to design and develop pitch decks for presentation to donors, sponsors, Board members and other relevant recipients.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An outstanding Digital Communications Manager who is knowledgeable of various digital marketing tools as well as the ability to demonstrate excellent analytical, copywriting and content creation skills.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in similar role preferred and/or hold or be studying towards a tertiary qualification in marketing, communications or a related discipline preferred
- Sound knowledge of Facebook and Instagram platforms, digital marketing tools, and digital best practices
- Have a love of social media and all things digital
- Think creatively and dream big
- Ability to work autonomously and have high attention to detail
- Confidence to work within a larger team and report to different audiences
- Have a way with words, strong written communication skills and ability to create engaging and relevant and tailored content and copy to connect with the NCJWA audience
- Ability to identify and verify newsworthy stories which aligns with the mission and voice of NCJWA to post and share on NCJWA platforms
- Have experience and confidence editing with design software like Canva
- Have a good eye for design and branded storytelling
- Be proactive and able to take initiative
- Outstanding organisational, time and project management skills.