NCJWANational Board and Directors
Negba Weiss-Dolev FAICD, involvement with National Council of Jewish Women (NCJWA) commenced with long term membership of the Tarbut Group, NCJW-Vic and on the special Women Assisting Refugees and Migrants (WARM) project. More recently she was elected to the NCJWA National Board and is pleased to be part of its change agenda.
In championing women’s rights, Negba has created and progressed a number of major initiatives in the sphere of Women’s Leadership. These initiatives helped many organisations to change their approach to encouraging and supporting women’s career aspirations and to achieve senior leadership roles in organisations including NAB, ANZ, AXA, TAC, Telstra, Medibank Private, Vic Government departments, local councils and more.
As President of the Jewish Museum of Australia, Negba led and oversaw the selection of the new CEO and the strategic rethinking / rebranding of this award-winning community museum and adult education leader.
A keen supporter of education; Negba has served as a member of Swinburne University of Technology’s Council and various Council sub-committees.
Negba has a proven track record as a Senior Executive and Board Director. She has worked in leading-edge senior executive roles for Telstra, Adacel Technologies and co-founded and led the innovative Leadership and Change Management company; Resurgence P/L.
Shirley Glance OAM
Vice-President, Company Secretary
- National Council of Jewish Women of Australia
- Board Member, since 2015.
- Honorary Secretary, 2011-2015.
- President, National Council of Jewish Women of Victoria, 2014-2016.
- National Chair, ILAN (Israel Foundation for Handicapped Children).
- Office Manager, Jewish National Fund.
- Committee Polio Network Victoria, ongoing
- Co-convenor, Bayside Polio Group, 2008, ongoing
- Secretary, Post Polio Victoria Inc. 2018, ongoing
Di Hirsh OAM
- President NCJWA Victoria 2002 – 2006
- Vice President NCJWA 2007 – 2011
- Chair NCJWA Interfaith & Intercultural portfolio 2007 – 2011
- President NCJWA 2011 – 2015
- Chair NCJWA Strategic Review Committee 2017
- Chair ICJW Interfaith & Intercultural portfolio 2014 – 2018
- Co-Convenor ICJW Convention Sydney 2018
- Vice President ICJW 2018 – Current
- Organised NCJWA Victoria Women’s Interfaith Passover Celebrations for past 11 years
- Involved in the Jewish Christian Muslim Association of Australia for over 12 years, convening first 2 Women’s Conferences 2007 -2008
Sharlene is a chartered accountant and tax agent with experience working in different sized accounting firms at various stages of her career. She is currently operating her own accounting and bookkeeping practice with an emphasis on assisting older people manage their affairs working in conjunction with their tax accountant and also assisting younger people with record keeping in relation to the start up of new businesses. Her community involvement includes:
• Mt Scopus College Parents Association Treasurer of Gandel Besen House Campus from November 2009 – November 2012.
• Mt Scopus College Parents Association Executive Treasurer of all three campuses from November 2012 – November 2014
• NCJWA Honorary Treasurer from July 2015
• Member of NCJWA Finance Committee
Rysia Rozen OAM
Immediate Past President
- Joined NCJWA Victoria 1986, employed as secretary to Malvina Malinek OAM, National President.
- Joined Victorian Executive, elected as President of NCJWA Victoria 1996 to 2002. Initiated ‘Fundraising Chair ‘ on National board.
- Served as manager of the Albert Park Opportunity Shop for 5 years. Formed a young professional group: ‘Women in decision Making’, advocating women’s issues.
- Established an Outreach program for elderly migrants from the former Soviet Union, residents of public housing in St.Kilda, Prahran and South Melbourne, still involved after 16 years.
- Obtained Tax Deductibility for NCJWA Victoria Community Services in 2003. Life Member NCJWA Victoria.
- Raised funds to purchase Opportunity Shop in Caulfield 1995.
- President of National Council of Victoria 2004 – 2007. Initiated the Dame Phillis Frost Award.
- President of NCJWA 2007 – 2011; AGAIN 2015 – 2017
- Founder and Director – Caulfield Park Community Bank, Bendigo Bank in 2003.
- Temple Beth Israel – Chair – Honours committee since 2011
- Hon,. Secretary – Council of Christians and Jews from 2017
Carolyn Goldsmith OAM
Insert bio here.
Insert bio here.
Robyn Lenn OAM
Robyn’s membership of NCJWA dates from 1975 when NCJWA NSW Northsiders Group was formed.
Robyn was NCJWA NSW State President from 1989 – 1995. She was awarded NCJWA NSW Life Membership and the NCJWA Honour Badge during her term of office and the Medal of the Order of Australia in 2005.
NCJWA National President from 2003 – 2007
After 4 years as an ICJW Vice President Robyn was elected ICJW President from 2014 – 2018
Robyn ‘s professional life is as a music educator, currently in her 25th year as a piano examiner for Australian Music Examination Board.
NCJWA WA Board Member
- President NCJWA Western Australia 20014 – 2017
- Steering Committee NCJWA WA 20011 – 2014
- Honorary Secretary NCJWA WA 2008-2011
- Chair NCJWA Interfaith & Intercultural portfolio 2012 – 2018
- Miriam Stein Interfaith Award 2015
- Foundation Member Brazilian Association WA 2009 – 2013
- Honorary Secretary Unites Nations Association WA 2011-2012
- Executive member UN Association WA 2010 – 2013
- Established UNAA WA Peace Day yearly celebrations
- Organised NCJWA /UNAAWA /Holocaust Institute Holocaust Remembrance for past 10 years
- Honorary Vice Consul for Brazil in Western Australia since 2014
Past Vice Presidents (Past Acting Co-Presidents)
Sylvia Deutsch OAM and Victoria Nadel OAM