Communications & Admin Officer
Position Title: Communications and Administration Officer
Award: Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Award
Level: Paypoint 3 Level 3 (3 year degree) $1,006.10 pw FTE $26.48 pr hr Min Rate. Paypoint 3 Level 4 (4 year degree) $1,026.70 pw FTE $27.02 pr hr Min Rate. Plus 25 per cent if casual
|Purpose of the Position:||
|Key Performance Indicators:||
|Scope of Role||
This role is approximately 70 per cent communications and 30 per cent administration, research and associated responsibilities. Sometimes it will be almost all communications, and at other times almost all administration.
|Liaises with internally:||
|Liaises with externally:||
NCJWA is an Australia-wide Jewish women’s organisation with 6 active Sections: Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, NSW, Victoria and WA.
“To advance the position of women and girls in Australia and the Jewish world”
We do this through;
- the promotion of gender equality, women’s rights and advancing the leadership of women and girls through social, economic, intellectual and, academic empowerment of women and girls;
- utilising and promoting research and advocacy for the benefit and safety of women and girls;
- encouraging and promoting Jewish identity and values;
- promoting human rights, reconciliation, mutual respect and tolerance between groups of individuals in Australia and the Jewish world
What we do:
The national body:
- Acts as the representative voice of the organisation to key national and international organisations and the wider community.
- Provides resource support and coordination for Sections across Australia, especially for advocacy on key social issues.
- Assist in sharing best practice knowledge across the Sections, in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
- Ensure strong links to agreed specific Israeli projects.
- Coordinates Scholar in Residence program in all sections.
- Organises and runs a National Conference, every 4 years for its members and the wider community followed by a day focused on strategic and action planning for NCJWA’s Leadership.