NCJWA advocates, educates and empowers women. We are concerned with social justice and women’s issues and focus on building better lives for all.
Each of the 6 sections in Australia provides a variety of programs and projects based on our 4 tiered platform: Status of Women, Community Service, Israel, Education.
- We provide service to the community through grassroots programs and projects touching members of the Jewish and general communities from the very young to seniors.
- We empower and advocate for women via our work with other NGOs and advisory committees to the Government.
- We support Israel through advocacy, education and fundraising for various Israel projects.
- We educate especially on women’s rights including Jewish women’s rights.
- We are an active affiliate of the International Council of Jewish Women.
The NCJWA Sylvia Gelman Foundation
NCJWA ANNOUNCES NEW NATIONAL PRESIDENT & BOARD
The National Council of Jewish Women of Australia (NCJWA) elects a new Board along with a new National President, Melinda Jones at its AGM on Wednesday 15th July.
The new Board is the culmination of a concerted effort to modernise the organisation and to achieve a much-needed “passing of the baton” to a younger generation.
Shirley Glance OAM, Sylvia Gelman AM MBE z”l, Rysia Rozen OAM, Negba Weiss-Dolev National President, Di Hirsh OAM – At the Sylvia Gelman Foundation Launch