National Council of Jewish Women Australia
PUTTING THE NEEDS OF JEWISH WOMEN ON THE AGENDA
– community service
GET INVOLVED – READ, WRITE, ADVOCATE AND THINK!
Reconciliation Week is a vital time for us as Australian’s to reflect on how we as individuals and we as communities are working to change the racism that was born when this country was established.
The National Council of Jewish Women Australia as an organisation asks each of us in the our communities to reflect and to act in the spirit of tikkun olam.
As a country we have a long way to go to have that just society: in this moment we stand with our indigenous sisters in commemorating their history, acknowledge that we can do better, and make the offer to listen and support them as they make changes to build a better Australia.
NCJWA advocates, educates and empowers women. We are concerned with social justice and women’s issues and focus on building better lives for all.
Each of the 6 sections in Australia provides a variety of programs and projects based on our 4 tiered platform: Status of Women, Community Service, Israel, Education.
- We provide service to the community through grassroots programs and projects touching members of the Jewish and general communities from the very young to seniors.
- We empower and advocate for women via our work with other NGOs and advisory committees to the Government.
- We support Israel through advocacy, education and fundraising for various Israel projects.
- We educate especially on women’s rights including Jewish women’s rights.
- We are an active affiliate of the International Council of Jewish Women.
President Barbara Stewart-Kann OAM
Vice President Ingrid Rubinstein
Sec/Treasurer Elizabeth Maradeen
Tammy Ota News Editor
Ann Silver Community Service
Dinah Sperring Marketing/PR
Shirley Glance OAM, Sylvia Gelman AM MBE z”l, Rysia Rozen OAM, Negba Weiss-Dolev National President, Di Hirsh OAM – At the Sylvia Gelman Foundation Launch