GET INVOLVED – READ, WRITE, ADVOCATE AND THINK!
WOMEN LEFT BEHIND
– CALL TO GOVERNMENT-
12th October 2020
Women play a key part in the economy, yet the government has made little provision to support them in the latest budget release. This willl further the gender gap and will leave many women behind.
These areas are in urgent need of attention:
– Accessible & Viable Childcare
– Affordable & Sustainable Housing
– Services to Protect & Prevent Gender Based Violence
NCJWA advocates, educates and empowers women. We are concerned with social justice and women’s issues and focus on building better lives for all.
Each of the 6 sections in Australia provides a variety of programs and projects based on our 4 tiered platform: Status of Women, Community Service, Israel, Education.
- We provide service to the community through grassroots programs and projects touching members of the Jewish and general communities from the very young to seniors.
- We empower and advocate for women via our work with other NGOs and advisory committees to the Government.
- We support Israel through advocacy, education and fundraising for various Israel projects.
- We educate especially on women’s rights including Jewish women’s rights.
- We are an active affiliate of the International Council of Jewish Women.
President Barbara Stewart-Kann OAM
Vice President Ingrid Rubinstein
Sec/Treasurer Elizabeth Maradeen
Tammy Ota News Editor
Ann Silver Community Service
Dinah Sperring Marketing/PR
Shirley Glance OAM, Sylvia Gelman AM MBE z”l, Rysia Rozen OAM, Negba Weiss-Dolev National President, Di Hirsh OAM – At the Sylvia Gelman Foundation Launch