NCJWA NewsletterWelcome to Issue 1 of our newsletter containing articles on celebrations, advocacy highlights and more. Click here to read the NCJWA Newsletter - January 2018, Issue 1
Same Sex Marriage Survey - It's a YESA fantastic result!
Australians voted 61.6% in favour of legalising same sex marriage, with 79.5% participation.
ICJW Quadrennial Convention, 27 - 30 May 2018Evolving Beyond Tradition - The Impact of Women's Perspectives and Developing Roles
Click here to find out more
Statement on Malka LeiferNCJWA welcomes the news that Malka Leifer will not be released under house arrest but will remain in a psychiatric facility until the Supreme Court judge further evaluates the evidence before making a final ruling next week.
It has been claimed that her detention was “humiliating” for Ms Leifer. It is the humiliation and hurt of her alleged victims that matters. They have a right to have their accusations heard in legal proceedings.
We call for the Israeli justice system to expedite the return of Ms Leifer to Australia to face charges of sexual abuse.
Read our previous statements:
- Release of Malka Leifer from Detention
- Arrest of Malka Leifer by the Israeli police
- Pursuing the extradition of Malka Leifer
- Meet and Greet at the home of Shelley London – an afternoon tea for all members and those interested in being members to meet the new committee
- Be Health Aware: ‘Mindful Eating’ – talk presented by Juniper Outreach Dietician
- Plenary Conference 2017 – attended by Jennifer Faigenbaum and Jillian Green
- 21 November – Be Health Aware: ‘The Heart of the Matter’ – talk presented by Dr Mark Nidorf
- 30 November – Event to mark the day for ‘Remembering Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries’