Ensuring the continuity of Jewish values to build a better world, through advocacy, empowerment, community service, philanthropy and education.
NCJWA advocates, educates and empowers women. We are concerned with social justice and women’s issues and focus on building better lives for all.
Each of the 6 sections in Australia provides a variety of programs and projects based on our 4 tiered platform: Status of Women, Community Service, Israel, Education.
- We provide service to the community through grassroots programs and projects touching members of the Jewish and general communities from the very young to seniors.
- We empower and advocate for women via our work with other NGOs and advisory committees to the Government.
- We support Israel through advocacy, education and fundraising for various Israel projects.
- We educate especially on women’s rights including Jewish women’s rights.
- We are an active affiliate of the International Council of Jewish Women.
The NCJWA Sylvia Gelman Foundation
Shirley Glance OAM, Sylvia Gelman AM MBE z”l, Rysia Rozen OAM, Negba Weiss-Dolev National President, Di Hirsh OAM – At the Sylvia Gelman Foundation Launch