NSW Division hosted a Birthing Kit Packing DayOver 90 volunteers assisted with packing 1000 birthing kits. After packing the kits, producer/director REBECCA BARRY discussed her award winning documentary ‘I AM A GIRL’ before a special screening of this film.
Council Award for NCJWA VICNCJWA VIC was announced as the winner of the Glen Eira Council Community Group of the Year at the Glen Eira Australia Day Breakfast in January 2017.
NCJWA Breast Cancer support networkNCJWA NSW’s Jewish Women’s Breast Cancer Network supports Jewish women and families touched by Breast Cancer (L-R Isabelle Shapiro OAM, Mandi Chonowitz-Jacobson, Dr Mandy Goldman Strous)
Dr Elana Sztokman speaks on Gender Equity at the ANU in CanberraDr Elana Sztokman visited Canberra on Monday 30th May and gave an informed presentation about Religious Politics and Trends, and the Effect on Women in Israel
NCJWA WA discussion groups on matters of health awarenessNCJWA WA has initiated a ‘Be Health Aware’ program, to bring health awareness to our members. Past topics have included Macular Degeneration and Gynaecological Cancers
Elana Sztokman - 'Women in Leadership in Israel'The Mina Fink Memorial Lecture is held every year in memory of the late Mina Fink, who was a tireless worker for NCJWA. Her main interests are Israel, leadership, and the family.
- 20 February - NSW - hosted the film “Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy”
- 31 January - WA - organised the Holocaust Remembrance Day, in partnership with UNAAWA, Holocaust Institute WA & JHGS WA. The film "I Have Never Forgotten You" - The Life and Legacy of Simon Wiesenthal was screened
- 29 December 2016 - VIC - Fanny Reading presentation for Human Rights and Founders Day, "The Rights Women: Rewriting the Human Rights Record Through the Power of Stories" with Professor Kim Rubenstein
- 6 March - NSW - TSVIA WALDEN, daughter of Shimon Peres (z’l), in conversation with Sandy Hollis, Professional & Community Educator from The Sydney Jewish Museum
- 7 March - WA - CONTINENCE, presented by Bladder and Bowel Australia Org
- 8 March - VIC - INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY, 90th Anniversary NCJWA Vic Cocktail reception with Jeanne Pratt
- 13 March - NSW - Rebbetzin Jana Gottshall Memorial Library Event - Jewish Comedy
- 14 March - VIC - Brainfood event - Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
- 26 March - NSW - THE BAULKHAM HILLS AFRICAN LADIES TROUPE documentary + Q & A
- 27 March - VIC - Womens InterFaith Model Seder
- 30 March - VIC - Brainfood event - Romance Novelist Joanne Dadon, "Falling for Mr Wrong"